Saturday, August 17, 2013

Catching Up & Slowing Down

This is my first weekend at home in a month.

I've had a lot of fun over the past few weeks for sure, but it certainly was nice to wake up this morning in my bed, with no place to go.

I woke up at 8:30, but grabbed a book and didn't actually get out of bed until 11:30 and didn't make it out of my apartment until around 2.

So very nice.

***************

The walking challenge is still in full swing. I hit a bit of a slump a few weeks back, only wracking up 40-50k steps a week, but I seem to be back on track. This week it's looking like I'll hit 80k steps! (I'm at 71,000 with one day to go). 

I've gotten so focused on getting my steps in I've even been going on a walk before work on Mondays and Wednesdays. 

Craziness. I know. 

***************

Speaking of challenges, my competitive streak came out this week when Words With Friends introduced a new feature - a Leaderboard. It shows you where you rank compared to all of your friends playing the game, based on number of points you earned that week. As soon as I saw that I needed to get to the top of the board. 

It really wasn't a want. It was a pretty compelling need. So I started playing more and more games so I could earn more and more points. At the moment I have 14 games going. At the high point of the week it was probably more like 20 or so. 

Totally ridiculous. 

But, I am at the top of my leaderboard, so at least the effort is worthwhile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment