Monday, February 27, 2012

Music Monday - A Birthday Edition

The next two Music Mondays are dedicated to a very special birthday girl, whose big day falls on a Thursday this year.

That's right, March 1 is my cousin Samantha's birthday. She LOVES her birthday and there is typically a countdown leading up to it and celebrations for the entire month. This week's song is Trendy, by Reel Big Fish. It popped into my head a few weeks ago and I was about to post it when I remembered it's role in one of those birthday celebrations of the past.

My sophomore year in college, when Sam was in 9th grade, I took her and some of her friends to see Reel Big Fish at the 9:30 Club in DC as her birthday present. One of my friends came too and we all piled into my aunt's mini van for the drive from Baltimore into not the best neighborhood in DC. I was a bit on the overprotective side (shocking, I know) and I made the girls stay in the balcony with me instead of joining the mosh pit on the ground floor. We all still had a blast!


Happy Almost Birthday Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment