Tuesday, April 30, 2013

And so it begins...

Yesterday was the kick off to my work walking challenge.

I was feeling over it before it even began. Which is so not a good sign of what's to come over the next six weeks.

I am usually pretty, well, not really excited for them, but at least feeling up to the challenge. Motivated by competition and a sense of responsibility to my teammates.

This time I'm more.... meh.

I'm going to chalk it up to yesterday's weather as one factor. It was raining all day so I packed a lunch and didn't walk up to get coffee in the morning. Then when I left work it was still raining a bit, and I could have walked outside but again, ugh.

So I went to the mall instead, I figured shopping might help me with the mood and get some steps in. It worked for a bit, but I still just didn't really want to be there.

I ended day one with 6053 steps. Not awful considering I've been a lazy bum for the most part lately, but still, only half what I usually do in a day during these walking challenges.

And now it's day two. I'm hoping to feel more motivated. I need to do better today.

We weren't given daily or weekly goals this time for the challenge - it's just the top three teams with the most steps win. So my personal goal is 70k steps this week and then to increase my total each week after that.

I think that's a good combination of reasonable and a stretch goal.

And now, to get moving on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment