Sunday, June 30, 2013

Still Walking the Walk

I didn't update on my walking challenge total last week, but that doesn't mean I was slacking on the steps.

For the week of June 17 to 23 I did 75,359 steps. This week thunderstorms and some motivation challenges made it a bit trickier to get to 10k a day, but I should end the week at around 60k steps, which I'm ok with. As long as it doesn't become a regular occurrence.

But, it shouldn't, because I have a new walking challenge going with a few of my coworkers! The office wide challenge ended and a few other people said they wanted to try and keep up with it so, I came up with a plan for the four of us.

We still report our steps each Monday, into a google doc I created. Then every four weeks the person with the least steps buys the person with the most steps Starbucks or Fro-Yo or lunch from a place near the office. That way you get a reward if you are in first place and still have incentive not to be in last.

It's going to be hard to keep this up, especially in the summer heat, but I figure it's certainly worth giving it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment