Thursday, May 16, 2013

Healthy Dessert Amazingness, Where Have You Been All My Life?

A few days ago I came across a blog post about single ingredient ice cream.

Huh? What? How?

Yeah, I had all of those questions, but the "recipe" is so very simple.

1. Cut up some bananas into 1/4 - 1/2 inch slices
2. Freeze them
3. Put them in the food processor or blender and just let them keep going until they turn into a wonderful, whipped, 'so incredibly like ice cream you can't believe it's not actually ice cream' like dessert.

Here's a link to more specifics about the various stages of blending and processing that take place. You'll note it was written in 2009, meaning I could have been enjoying this yumminess for four years if only I was better at finding random things online.

I added peanut butter and then did a few final whirls with the blender. Then I topped it with chocolate syrup. And I really and truly thought I was eating ice cream.

4 bananas makes a pint, so I had a bowl of it last night and put the rest in the freezer. I just had some more tonight and I have to say I preferred it straight out of the blender, more soft serve style. After being in the freezer overnight I let it sit out for about 30 minutes, but it was still pretty hard to scoop and kinda ice-crystally.

But still, it really tasted like ice cream.

Frozen, whipped up banana actually tastes like icecream.

No comments:

Post a Comment