Sunday, May 12, 2013

PeDominating, or not.

The name of my walking challenge team is the PeDominators.

Cute, huh?

Too bad it's not quite true.

Last week I did hit my goal of 70k steps, and this week I'll exceed it by a step or two, but only after getting roughly 750 more steps by pacing my apartment this evening.

I just got back from an hour plus long walk, and this morning I walked around the Inner Harbor (I started my day in Baltimore), but my slacker days from earlier in the week mean today I need to get 14,500 steps and I'm still not quite there.

The rain put a damper on things this week, bad pun most certainly intended. A few walks were cut short, a few days when I could have gone out for lunch or coffee, or just a walk during the work day I stayed in. I'm hoping this week brings drier weather, and just a little more motivation.

I've been doing a good job of getting walks in when I can tie them to errands - walking to pick up dinner, return library books, or buy a book and get Starbucks like I did tonight. But going for a walk just for the sake of a walk. Ugh. I'm having less luck with that one.

I'm not especially enjoying this challenge. But, that's not stopping me from doing it. I'm still managing to get up, get moving, and on average, getting in 10,000 steps a day.

So, maybe I am a PeDominator afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment