Friday, May 25, 2012

I heart the internet

Again, the internet makes me a happy girl.

A few days ago I got the following email via my Goodreads account:


Hi Stacy, 


I saw you gave a great review to Laurie Frankel's previous book, "The Atlas of Love," here on Goodreads. We're publishing her new novel, "Goodbye for Now," in August. It's already getting amazing reviews, but the most important ones will come from dedicated fans like you.


I'd like to offer you a free galley copy of the book. Please send your mailing address to {nicepublisherman@nicepublisherman.com} if you’d like to read it.


Thanks!
{Nice Publisherman}
{Nice Publishing Company}

So let me get this straight... 

they are offering me a free book, by an author whose debut novel I LOVED and I'll get it as a galley (i.e. proof copy that is not yet published) that is not yet publicly available??

Pinch me, I must be dreaming. 

Yay internet, for making a sucky week just a little bit brighter.  

1 comment: