Saturday, May 26, 2012

A sure sign of summertime...

While most people are focused on Memorial Day weekend as the unofficial start to summer there's something else that signaled summer has returned in my world - the return of my mother's monochromatic wardrobe!

Her winter wardrobe is filled with variety (and several requisite teacher sweaters) but her summer wardrobe is all one color. Or rather, each day is all a new color.

We're at the beach this weekend and the color of the day is blue. Turquoise sandals, teal capris and a sky blue t shirt, paired with blue jewelry and a Vera Bradley purse with, you guessed it, blue as the primary color. I predict purple for tomorrow and pink for Monday. And yes, each day will include matching shoes and I'd say 75% of the time a purse in that color as well.

I tease her about it incessantly, reminding her that her clothes don't have to be in the same color family to match and that in some cases being in the same color family certainly doesn't mean they match (green is the worst for this!) but really, it's a losing battle.

She's happy with her choices and I'm just happy to say summer is back!

1 comment:

  1. I have to give your mom kudos for putting that much thought into her summer outfits! The only thing I think about when getting dressed in the summer is "how bad will this outfit look once I'm a sweaty mess?"

    ReplyDelete