Monday, May 21, 2012

Music Monday

Tonight I was watching MSNBC and saw some footage of when the president of the NAACP announce that their organization was supporting gay marriage. He teared up during the announcement, talking about how his own parents' marriage was illegal in their home state when they got married and how they had to travel out of state for their wedding.

On some issues even when I don't agree with the opposing perspective I can understand where the other side is coming from. But this isn't one of them.

When the divorce rate is so high and so many of the loudest opponents have been married multiple times how can they in good faith say that a same sex couple getting married devalues theirs? I just don't get it. At all.

So, on this Music Monday I'm being a bit political and sharing Ari Herstand's Do Ask, Do Tell. I had the chance to see Ari a few times last year and he is a super energetic performer and all around entertaining guy.


Enjoy the song and its message.

No comments:

Post a Comment