Friday, May 18, 2012

Technology Blackout and a Broken Head

Last night I had the worst headache I've had in AGES.

I've had migraines with varying degrees of regularity since I was 9 years old, but have been largely bad headache free for quite a while. I still get frequent headaches, particularly of the stress induced variety these days, but they are generally pretty tolerable.

This one was not. It started in the afternoon at work and I came home and crawled into bed, willing it to get dark soon and willing my headache to give enough so I could get some sleep. But sleep wasn't happening so I tried the distraction method and attempted to Skype with Wiggles.

Which is when I realized my internet connection was not cooperating. It tends to be pretty spotty, and Comcast comes out and changes out one little thing and says it's all better and it is. For a little while, and then starts acting like a jerk again. So I need to call and deal with it but... ugh.

Usually a quick reset on the modem works for awhile but last night, it really wasn't having. I was getting maybe a minute of connectivity followed by 5-10 minutes of nothing. So I gave up, gave sleep another shot and it worked. I slept for about an hour and a half and woke up headache free.

I also woke up to realized I had had no activity on my blackberry in oh, 4 hours. Now, I'm not little miss popularity by any means, but there is no way that a four hour stretch goes by without an airline reminding me about their latest deal or Marriott trying yet again to convince me I couldn't possibly live another day without their rewards credit card so I knew something was up. In a rare moment of connectivity I confirmed my gmail box was indeed getting filled with junk so oh joy, I could add the crackberry to the technology blackout.

Oh course, this was the moment when I suddenly and completely out of the blue was overcome with the need to research BlogHer and think about going this year. Seriously, no clue where that came from, but I used my random, occasional, completely sporadic internet connection to try and do some research and figure it out. I'm still not sure. I think I'd like it, but it also seems like a lot of money for such a casual blogger like I am. So, I'm considering that a maybe.

The headache returned last night, making me give up the struggles and get back to sleep and the spotty spotty internet has returned now, meaning I better wrap up and post this now before it's no longer an option!

Stay tuned for more tomorrow, including my laughter filled Friday night fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment