Tuesday, January 24, 2012

If only I were a brave girl...

Tomorrow night there's an event downtown that sounds like fun. But, I don't have anyone to go with.

I wish I were that person who could just go alone and meet people there. It would be a good way to work on my goal of making new friends but...

that's really really hard to do.

I've tried in the past - with something actually along the same lines. It was the Young Adult group from the Jewish Federation. I went on a Birthright Israel trip years ago and when I got back I was motivated to get involved in the Jewish community. I met with someone that worked for them, got the info and fully intended to go to their happy hour event in my neighborhood. Like so fully intended to go that I drove there, parked my car and could not make myself get out to go in.

I'm ok going to a restaurant on my own, or even to a movie (daytime only, not night time) but that's so different than going to a social event where you have to interact with others.

Any tips on how I can become that brave girl in the next 24 hours?

No comments:

Post a Comment