Monday, January 16, 2012

Music Monday

I'm taking a bit of inspiration (aka flat out stealing the idea) for Music Monday from Herding Cats. She posts a favorite song each Monday and, while I don't know that I'll do it weekly I'm stuck on the idea today, so here I go.

If you know me in real life you know I'm a big fan of Ron Pope. I discovered his music thanks to my friend Shannon, a little over a year ago. Since then I've seen him in concert five times. Which is totally reasonable and not at all excessive. Right? I mean, we're talking over the course of a year.

Or, well... maybe the first show was at the very end of March and the last one could have been in October, so more like six months. And, ok fine, you got me. The second time was the night after the first. Where show #1 was in Baltimore and show #2 was in Richmond. And show #3 just might have required a trip to NYC. But four and five were totally local in DC & NoVA.

Though... did I mention that at show #5 RP not only recognized and remembered me, but also connected me to my twitter account. The twitter account that does not have my real name or photo on it? Yeah, there's that.

** side note there's a slight chance I may have done a bit of jumping up and down and OMGing like a tween meeting the Biebs in the parking lot after that conversation with him. Just maybe. **

So, big fan could be a bit of an understatement. I'll give you that. But it should also tell you he's well worth the effort!

For my inaugural Music Monday, I give you Shoot Out the Lights, performed by the fabulously talented Ron Pope and recorded by me and my trusty flip cam at Jammin' Java on 10/31/11.





1 comment:

  1. I highly approve of this obsession! My only misgiving is that I do not live within a reasonable distance that would be considered geographically conducive to joining you in this obsessive behavior. I'd love to hop from town to town with you following The Popester! (Like his new Bieber-inspired nick name? I think it suits him.) Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll just be over there in the corner watching the clip on loop. <3

    ReplyDelete