Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fictional Favorites

Finally, we're midway through the month and I'm just getting around to posting my fiction favorites from 2012. 

So, without further ado... 

My dad was the one who suggested I read 11/22/63 by Stephen King. When he first brought it up I told him Stephen King books weren't my thing, but I soon learned this one was nothing like It, Cujo or any of the other scary stories I remember King writing in the past. 11/22/63 is historical fiction with a sci-fi twist. The main character is told about a portal that will allow him to travel back in time and possibly prevent JFK's assassination. The book was long, over 800 pages, but the story was really engaging and it moved quickly. 

Sticking with a numbers theme, The 500 was a face paced DC based thriller. It's filled with twists and turns and surprises and makes you wonder what is really going on inside the Beltway. If you like the tv show Scandal, you'd probably enjoy this book. 

I'm a big fan of Vince Flynn's books and the one that came out this year was no different. Of course, you already know that, from this post

Totally switching gears, the family dramas I loved the most included Those We Love the Most, Domestic Violets, and The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D

And, don't forget those from my top 10 list!

No comments:

Post a Comment