Sunday, November 17, 2013

Back to Being a Book Worm

In January I set my book goal for the year at 95 books. By mid-August I had finished 77, and was well on my way to meeting the goal for the year by September.

Then I hit a slump. I dropped from reading around 10 books a month to reading 4-6 a month, from taking two days to finish a book to two weeks.

I was still enjoying the books I was reading, but nothing was really capturing my attention in a "I have to finish this book and can not put it down" kinda way.

Then earlier this week I read Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain. I could not put it down. I started it on my flight out for my work trip and ended up getting up early to read and then staying up til after midnight the next night just to finish it.

Since finishing that, on Thursday, I've read two other books and am likely going to finish a third before going to sleep tonight and I've purchased two more that are waiting to me to download as soon as I'm ready. That's in addition to the stack of library books currently in my possession.

I'm not sure how I'm going to fit the sudden reemergence of the reading addiction in with the walking, working and traveling I've got on my agenda for the balance of 2013, but as always, I'm sure I'll manage to make time... and get a little less sleep than recommended, all in the name of a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment