Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I hate colds... and other random updates

I've been feeling a bit under the weather since Thursday afternoon.

It started as a throat tickle, moved into a cough & stuffy nose and has settled in with me being completely and totally exhausted to the point I can't keep my eyes open, yet unable to actually sleep. Oh, and I randomly have coughing fits that go on for about 10 minutes at a time.

A most unpleasant combo of symptoms in my opinion.

Yesterday I made it until 11:30 am before I felt like I was going to fall asleep at my desk and realized just how unproductive I was being and that I needed to head home. I told my boss I was going to go sleep for a few hours and then come back. Instead I went to sleep and woke up at 4 pm. It's a good thing she didn't think I was actually coming back.

I'm blaming the exhaustion and cough drop fumes on the fact that I finally caved to the seemingly never ending Facebook requests to play Candy Crush and I downloaded it.

Cause I needed more time sucks in my life.

Fairly quickly I could see how people get soooo hooked, because I'm sooooo hooked.

Tomorrow I am hitting the road like about a million other people in the DC metro area for Thanksgiving. I'm about 90% packed for the trip and it's fairly ridiculous how much stuff is piled on my sofa to go with me for the 3 day trip.

And now, I'm going to wrap this scintillating post up because I just realized I didn't pack the menorah and hanukkah candles and I want to get in a few more rounds of Candy Crush before going to sleep.

ps. Only four more days til I don't have to come up with daily rambles. I know you're looking forward to that just as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment